Home > About Anhui > Economy > Industry Development

Agriculture

source:ah.gov.cn author:Rain release date:2019/03/19 hits:1030

In 2018, the sown area of grain was 7.3163 million hectares, a drop of 5.5 thousand hectares compared with that in 2017. The sown area of oil-bearing crops was 520.2 thousand hectares, an increase of 1.9 thousand hectares. The sown area of cotton was 86.3 thousand hectares, a decrease of 1.8 thousand hectares. The sown area of vegetables was 652.2 thousand hectares, an increase of 24 thousand hectares.The area of integrated farming of rice and aquacultural animal was 1.6 million mu, up by 77.8 percent. 1,114 agricultural products were newly labelled as pollution-free, green, organic product with agro-product geographical indications.  

The total output of grain in 2018 was 40.073 million tons, a decrease of 125 thousand tons, or down by 0.3 percent over the previous year. Of this total, the output of summer crops was 16.075 million tons, a decrease of 372 thousand tons or down by 2.3 percent; that of autumn grain was 22.871 million tons, an increase of 385 thousand tons or growing by 1.7 percent. The output of oil-bearing crops was 1.58 million tons, increasing by 2.2 percent and that of cotton was 89 thousand tons, up by 2.9 percent.

 20190319111250241_oIth3raj.jpg

At the end of 2018, 13.563 million pigs were registered in the total stocks, down by 4.3 percent over the previous year. 28.374 million pigs were slaughtered, up by 0.3 percent. The total output of meat reached 4.217 million tons, up by 1.6 percent, of which, that of pork, beef and mutton was 2.697 million tons, up by 0.9 percent. The total output of eggs was 1.583 million tons, an increase of 2.3 percent. The production of milk was 308 thousand tons, up by 3.2 percent.

By the end of 2018, the total power of agricultural machinery had been 65.427 million kilowatts, an increase of 3.6 percent over the previous year. The number of farming tractors was 2.311 million, down by 0.9 percent. The whole year consumption of fertilizer (converted to pure amount) was 3.111 million tons, down by 2.4 percent. Electricity consumption in rural areas amounted to 18.08 billion kilowatts, an increase of 5.5 percent. The effective irrigation area was 4.5434 million hectares, an increase of 40.7 thousand hectares, and a new increase of 54.8 thousand hectares of water-saving irrigation areas.

Related news