Director-General of Anhui Provincial Foreign Affairs Office
Wang Xin, born in April 1958, is a male ethnic Han from Lu'an, Anhui Province. He graduated from the graduate school of the Party School of the CPC Central Committee and holds the degree of Bachelor of Arts. Wang entered the workforce in January 1976 and joined the CPC in May 1986.
1976-1978 Educated youth, Pinggang Commune, Huoqiu County
1978-1982 Student, Anhui University
1982-1983 Labor Union Assistant of JAC
1983-1992 Staff member, deputy secretary of the Youth League Committee, senior staff member and principal staff member of the Provincial Department of the Mechanical Industry (June 1988-November 1988 Manger of the Labor Service Company of the Provincial Department of the Mechanical Industry; February 1991-October 1992 Manager Assistant of Hefei Forklift Factory)
1992-2006 Clerk, deputy section chief and section chief in the General Office of the Provincial Party Committee (September 2001-July 2003 study economic administration as an on-job graduate student in the Correspondence School of the Party School of the CPC Central Committee)
2006-2011 Deputy Director of the General Office of the Provincial Party Committee
2011-2014 Deputy Secretary-General of the Provincial Party Committee
December 2014 Director-General of Anhui Provincial Foreign Affairs Office
Responsibilities: Overall work of Anhui Provincial Foreign Affairs Office
Main Functions of Anhui Provincial Foreign Affairs Office:
The Foreign Affairs Office of is a functional department of Anhui Provincial People’s Government and an executive organ of the Foreign Affairs Leading Group of CPC Anhui Provincial Committee. It is concurrently the Overseas Chinese Affairs Office and Hong Kong and Macao Affairs Office of the Provincial Government. Its main functions are:
1. To implement the State’s principles and policies, laws and regulations in foreign affairs, overseas Chinese and Hong Kong and Macao Affairs and put forward concrete measures for their implementation; study the situations in foreign affairs, overseas Chinese, Hong Kong and Macao affairs in the province and provide related information and make proposals to the Provincial Party Committee and Provincial Government.
2. To coordinate and regulate foreign affairs activities and international relations in the province; assist provincial leaders in their exchanges with foreign countries; administer friendship province and city relations with foreign counterparts and handle the twinning applications for approval to the higher authorities; undertake the routine work of the Foreign Affairs Leading Group of CPC Anhui Provincial Committee.
3. To exercise centralized management on the overseas travels on public affairs and the issuance of invitations and visas to foreign nationals to visit the province; regulate the exchanges and relations of the public affairs with Hong Kong and Macao in the province.
4. To be responsible for the reception of important foreign visitors, overseas Chinese and Hong Kong and Macao compatriots; oversee protocol arrangement in foreign affairs; participate in the acceptance of major donations from foreign government, friendly personages, overseas Chinese and Hong Kong and Macao compatriots.
5. To coordinate and regulate the exchanges between various organizations in the province and foreign embassies and consulates in China; Administer overseas NGO activities in the province and handle emergency events concerning foreign countries and nationals in the province and overseas Chinese in foreign countries in cooperation with relevant departments; coordinate visits and interviews of foreign journalists in the province.
6. To undertake activities concerning foreign affairs, overseas Chinese and Hong Kong and Macao affairs on behalf of the Provincial Party Committee and the Provincial Government; coordinate overseas Chinese and Hong Kong and Macao affairs activities of related departments and institutions in the province; protect the legal rights and interests of the returned overseas Chinese, family members of the overseas Chinese, foreign nationals of Chinese origin and Hong Kong and Macao compatriots in accordance with related laws and regulations; assist relevant departments in the personnel arrangement for the representatives of returned overseas Chinese and family members of overseas Chinese.
7. To guide and coordinate the contacts and exchanges with overseas Chinese, foreign citizens of Chinese origin from the province and their organizations and promote economic, technological, cultural and educational exchanges and cooperation with them.
8. To perform other tasks given by the Provincial Party Committee and the Provincial Government.
Address: No. 8, Meishan Road, Hefei City
Post Code: 230022