About the Program
Chinese Government Scholarship—Chinese University Program is a scholarship established by Ministry of Education (MOE) to support Chinese universities in specific provinces or autonomous regions to recruit outstanding international students for graduate studies in China. MOE authorized USTC to recruit full-time master and doctoral students under the Chinese Government Scholarship since 2008.
March, 15, 2020 (for online application)
Coverage of the scholarship
The Chinese University Program provides a full scholarship which covers tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance.
If the host university requires students to live on campus, the university will accommodate the scholarship students in a university dormitory (usually a twin room); if the host university permits students to live off campus, the university will provide monthly accommodation subsidy:
master’s students: CNY 700 per month;
doctoral students: CNY 1000 per month.
master’s students: CNY 3,000 per month;
doctoral students: CNY 3,500 per month.
Please refer to the website of China Scholarship Council for details of each item
※ For the graduates to obtain their degrees in 2020, they should submit a Pre-graduation Certificate to ensure that they will complete their study and obtain the degree by July of 2020.
※ Students who have been granted for other Chinese scholarship or funding（2019-2020）cannot apply for this scholarship.
USTC offers graduate programs with Chinese or English as media of instruction. For more information of programs offered at USTC, please check:
Applicants who apply for master’s degree programs instructed in Chinese must have HSK4.
For more information about the programs and professors in related field, please refer to the link of: professors‘ brief profiles (http://en.ustc.edu.cn/faculty/201105/t20110530_112483.html), and schools and departments (http://en.ustc.edu.cn/5391/list.htm).
Applicants are encouraged to contact prospective supervisors prior to application and if have, are expected to upload in the online application system the Form of Provisional Acceptance of International Student by USTC Professor .
Duration of Scholarship
The duration of scholarship is decided in accordance with the duration of each specific program:
To complete the application for USTC "Chinese Government Scholarship – University Postgraduate Program", please make sure you finish each of the following steps as required and before the specific time.
Step 1: Online Application for CSC Scholarship
Log on the on-line application system to do an on-line registration and application (https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/register).
Step 2: Online Application for USTC Admission
The online application (http://isa.ustc.edu.cn/xs/login_scho.asp?exit=Y ) includes filling in the application form and uploading supporting documentations.
Step 3: Original Application Documents Submission
After applying online, applicants must submit application materials to Office of International Cooperation of USTC by post mail or in person (application materials submitted by email will not be accepted). Application materials arriving after April 10, 2020 will not be accepted.
If applicants are university students, they must provide official documents showing their status as university students and stating clearly when they will obtain the degree certificate;
If applicants already graduated but have not yet obtained the degree certificate, they must provide official documents explaining the reasons and stating clearly when they will obtain the degree certificate;
If applicants are already employed, they must provide official documents showing their status as on-post employees and permission of release.
※ Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
※ Application materials will NOT be returned regardless of the application result.
※ Please make sure you send out the complete set of all the required documents and specify on the envelop "Application for CSC scholarship" with the serial number of your Application form for Chinese Government Scholarship (which can be found at the bottom of the form) and your application ID for USTC Online Application System (http://isa.ustc.edu.cn/xs/login_scho.asp?exit=Y ) .
Postal address: International College, 86-551-63600279, University of Science and Technology of China, 96 Jinzhai Road, Hefei, 230026, Anhui, China
Please note that if you are in China while sending out the hard copies, you need to use the SF (Shun Feng) Express, Mails sent through other expresses will not be accepted.
1) USTC will review all the applications submitted before the deadline. Decisions for admission and granting the scholarship will be made on the basis of applicants’ academic record, research abilities and other aspects related.
2) The list of nominated candidates will be sent to China Scholarship Council (CSC) for review in May, 2020.
3) After the name list is approved by CSC, the scholarship awardees will be notified by USTC and admission documents will be posted to the awardees in July.
4) New school year shall start in September, 2020. The specific date of registration will be written on the admission notice.
1) Regulations of Chinese Government Scholarship will apply to the students under this scholarship scheme. Scholarship students must go through the Annual Review of the Chinese Government Scholarship Status. (For more details, please refer to the website: http://isa.ustc.edu.cn/xs/disp.asp?menu1=05&menu2=01&ucode=228 )
2) Scholarship students are not allowed to change their institutions as well as their academic programs or the duration of study specified in the Admission Notice.
3) Scholarship students who have to suspend their studies due to illness must return to their home country for further treatment and recovery. Expenses for the international travel to and from the university will be borne by the students themselves, and their scholarship status will be reserved for one year at most, with the monthly living allowance stopped during the suspension. Scholarships of the students who suspend their studies for reasons other than illness will not be reserved.
4) The Office of International Cooperation of USTC is responsible for the interpretation of the scholarship granting procedures and regulations.
Office of International Cooperation
University of Science and Technology of China
96 Jinzhai Road, Hefei, 230026, Anhui, P. R. China
E-mail: email@example.com (the only email address for CSC application in USTC; messages sent to other email addresses may not be received or answered properly; please always indicate “CGS-CUP” in the subject of your email for any inquiries regarding your application to us)