About the Program
USTC Scholarship—Chinese University Program is a scholarship established by University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) to support USTC to recruit outstanding international students for studies in China.
March 31, 2020 (for online application)
Coverage of the scholarship
The USTC Program provides a full scholarship which covers tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance.
If the host university requires students to live on campus, the university will accommodate the scholarship students in a university dormitory (usually a twin room); if the host university permits students to live off campus, the university will provide monthly accommodation subsidy:
bachelor’s students: CNY 500 per month;
master’s students: CNY 700 per month;
doctoral students: CNY 1000 per month.
bachelor’s students: CNY2,500 per month;
master’s students: CNY 3,000 per month;
doctoral students: CNY 3,500 per month.
Qualifications for scholarship application
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and mentally and physically healthy.
2. Applicants must not be a registered student in Chinese universities at the time of application;
3. Education background and age limit:
※ For the graduates to obtain their degrees in 2020, they should submit a Pre-graduation Certificate to ensure that they will complete their study and obtain the degree by July of 2020.
※ Degree-seeking students who have been granted for other Chinese scholarship or funding（2019-2020）cannot apply for this scholarship.
Choices of Graduate Programs
USTC offers graduate programs with Chinese or English as media of instruction. For more information of programs offered at USTC, please check:
For more information about the programs and professors in related field, please refer to the link of: professors‘ brief
profiles(http://en.ustc.edu.cn/faculty/201105/t20110530_112483.html), and schools and departments (http://en.ustc.edu.cn/5391/list.htm).
Applicants are encouraged to contact prospective supervisors prior to application and if have, are expected to upload in the online
application system the Form of Provisional Acceptance of International Student by USTC Professor.
Duration of Scholarship
The duration of scholarship is decided in accordance with the duration of each specific program:
To complete the application for USTC Scholarship, please make sure you finish each of the following steps as required and before
the specific time.
Step 1: Online Application for USTC Admission
The online application (http://isa.ustc.edu.cn/xs/login_scho.asp?exit=Y ) includes filling in the application form and uploading supporting
1. Create your online application ID with a valid email account and input a password of your own. You will receive a confirmation email.
2. Log on your application ID and fill in all the information and upload required documents. The online application can be accessed and edited as many times as you like before the deadline of application (March 31, 2020). Your information will be automatically saved once you
click "NEXT" when you finish each step.
3. Submit your application form by clicking "Confirm and Submit" upon completion. Note that once your application pass "file review", your information CANNOT be changed.
4. You can click "Status" in the Quick Links to check your application status.
Step 2: Original Application Documents Submission
After applying online, applicants must submit application materials to Office of International Cooperation of USTC by post mail or in person (application materials submitted by email will not be accepted). Application materials arriving after April 10, 2020 will not be accepted.
1. Application form for USTC Scholarship with signature and recent photo.
2. Photocopy of passport (ordinary passport with validity of at least 1 year).
3. A study or research proposal (no less than 800 words).
5. Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors (with phone number and email address).
6. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (download in the attachment below).
7. Applicants for programs instructed in Chinese must provide the photocopy of HSK certificate (at least level 4); applicants for programs instructed in English must provide the photocopy of valid IELTS or TOFEL result or other proof of their English proficiency (except those whose mother tongue is English).
8. Photocopy of degree certificate and academic transcript for both Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s Degree (if have) notarized by Ministry of Education or equivalent authority in your country.
If applicants are university students, they must provide official documents showing their status as university students and stating clearly when they will obtain the degree certificate;
If applicants already graduated but have not yet obtained the degree certificate, they must provide official documents explaining the reasons and stating clearly when they will obtain the degree certificate;
If applicants are already employed, they must provide official documents showing their status as on-post employees and permission of release.
※ Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
※ Application materials will NOT be returned regardless of the application result.
※ Please make sure you send out the complete set of all the required documents and specify on the envelop "Application for USTC
scholarship" with your application ID for USTC Online Application System (http://isa.ustc.edu.cn/xs/login_scho.asp?exit=Y ) .
Postal address: International College, -86-551-63600279, University of Science and Technology of China, 96 Jinzhai Road, Hefei, 230026, Anhui, China
Please note that if you are in China while sending out the hard copies, you need to use the SF (Shun Feng) Express, Mails sent through other expresses will not be accepted.
1) USTC will review all the applications submitted before the deadline. Decisions for admission and granting the scholarship will be made on the basis of applicants’ academic record, research abilities and other aspects related.
2) The list of nominated candidates will be sent to Review Committee of USTC for review in May, 2020.
3) After the name list is approved by Review Committee of USTC, the scholarship awardees will be notified by USTC and admission documents will be posted to the awardees in July.
4) New school year shall start in September, 2020. The specific date of registration will be written on the admission notice.
1) Regulations of USTC Scholarship will apply to the students under this scholarship scheme. Scholarship students must go through the Annual Review of the USTC Scholarship Status.
2) Scholarship students who have to suspend their studies due to illness must return to their home country for further treatment and recovery. Expenses for the international travel to and from the university will be borne by the students themselves, and their scholarship status will be reserved for one year at most,
with the monthly living allowance stopped during the suspension. Scholarships of the students who suspend their studies for reasons other than illness will not be reserved.
3) The Office of International Cooperation of USTC is responsible for the interpretation of the scholarship granting procedures and
Office of International Cooperation
University of Science and Technology of China
96 Jinzhai Road, Hefei, 230026, Anhui, P. R. China
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (the only email address for USTC application in USTC; messages sent to other email addresses may not be
received or answered properly; please always indicate “USTC Scholarship” in the subject of your email for any inquiries regarding your
application to us)
Online Application(Only for Undergraduate's Programs)