USTC Fellowship for master's programs has two levels:
● Level A, funded by Ministry of Education (Chinese Government Scholarship), Chinese Academy of Sciences (ANSO Scholarship) or USTC, includes tuition waiver, Comprehensive Medical Insurance, monthly stipend of 3,000 RMB and accommodation subsidy;
● Level B, funded by USTC, includes tuition waiver. Subsidy for Teaching Assistance or Research Assistance will be available for application after enrollment.
To apply for the fellowship, applicants need to create an account in the USTC Application System and select the fellowship that they want to apply for. Applicants can either apply for one level or two levels at the same time. USTC will decide which level of the fellowship may be given based on the comprehensive elevation of the applicant. Each applicant can only be supported by one scholarship.
1. Non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport, in good physical and mental health.
2. Applicants for master's programs must have bachelor's degree (equivalent to bachelor's degree in China).
* Those who plan to obtain their degrees should submit a Pre-graduation Certificate to ensure that they will complete their study and obtain the degree by July of 2022.
3. Applicants for master's programs should be under the age of 35 by September 1st, 2022.
4. Applicants for master's programs instructed in Chinese should pass new HSK Level 4 or above; applicants whose native language is Chinese, or can provide proof of studying at a high school / university where the teaching language is Chinese, can apply for HSK test exemption. Applicants for master's programs instructed in English need to provide proof of English language proficiency.
5. Applicants should meet the admission criteria for international students of USTC.
6. Applicants cannot take up other assignments during the period of his/her scholarship.
Application time: November 1st, 2021 -- March 15th, 2022
1. Create your account in the online application system;
2. Fill in all the information and upload the documents as required
* After submission of your application, please keep checking your email box used for login in the application system for further application documentation, online interview information and so on.
* There is no need for finding a host supervisor while applying online. All of your materials and documents (only if your online application is complete) will be sent to the schools and departments for their reference. Online interviews are organized afterwards. Once you pass the interview, a prospective supervisor will be recommended.
Application materials required:
● Photocopy of passport (ordinary passport with validity of at least one year)
● A study or research proposal (no less than 800 words)
● Curriculum Vitae
● Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors (with phone number and email address)
● Foreigner Physical Examination Form (download in the Annex)
● Applicants for programs instructed in Chinese must provide the photocopy of HSK certificate (at least level 4) or other proof of their Chinese language proficiency; applicants for programs instructed in English must provide the photocopy of valid IELTS or TOEFL result or other proof of their English proficiency (except those whose mother tongue is English).
● Photocopy of degree certificate and academic transcripts for both Bachelor's Degree and Master's Degree (if have) notarized by Ministry of Education or equivalent authority in your country
* If applicants are university students, they must provide official documents showing their student status and the exact time when they will obtain their degree certificate;
* If applicants already graduated but have not yet obtained the degree certificate, they must provide official documents explaining the reasons and stating clearly when they will obtain the degree certificate;
* If applicants are already employed, they must provide official documents showing their status as on-post employees and permission of release.
※ Notarized translation in Chinese or English must be attached if the submitted documents are not in Chinese or English.
※ Application materials will NOT be returned regardless of the application result.