Anhui Epidemic Report on February 11

Updated:Feb 11,2020 11:24 AM AHFAO

Between 00:00 and 24:00, February 10,the following were newly reported by Anhui Province:
a) 30 confirmed cases;
b) 33 suspected cases;
c) 15 cured and discharged cases; and
d) 1 fatal case.

Of the confirmed cases, 3 are in Hefei, 1 Huaibei, 2 in Suzhou, 8 in Bengbu, 7 in Fuyang, 1 in Huainan, 2 in Lu’an, 1 in Ma’anshan, 1 in Wuhu, 2 in Tongling, 2 in Anqing, all in stable condition.

Of the suspected cases, 5 are in Hefei, 1 in Huaibei, 5 in Bozhou, 4 in Suzhou, 3 in Bengbu, 3 in Fuyang, 9 in Lu’an, 1 in Chizhou, and 2 in Anqing.

Of the cured and discharged cases, 4 are in Hefei, 1 in Huaibei, 2 in Bozhou, 1 in Bengbu, 1 in Chuzhou, 1 in Lu’an, 2 in Chizhou and 3 in Anqing.

The fatal case is in Hefei.
By 24:00, February 10, the following had been reported in Anhui Province:
a) 860 confirmed cases;
b) 88 cured and discharged cases;
c) 4 fatal cases; and
d) 18,667 close contacts

Of all the confirmed cases, 150 are in Hefei, 24 in Huaibei, 92 in Bozhou, 33 in Suzhou, 134 in Bengbu, 132 in Fuyang, 24 in Huainan, 12 in Chuzhou, 59 in Lu’an, 32 in Ma’anshan, 31 in Wuhu, 6 in Xuancheng, 27 in Tongling, 15 in Chizhou, 80 in Anqing and 9 in Huangshan.

To date, there is a total of 768 confirmed cases, in which 6 are severe.

20 cases are about to be cured and discharged by February 11 with 7 in Hefei, 1 in Suzhou, 4 in Fuyang, 2 in Huainan, 1 in Chuzhou, 2 in Ma’anshan, 1 in Wuhu and 2 in Xuancheng.

Information about the fatal case:
Luo, male, 55 years old, lives in Hefei. Luo was taken in by Hefei Second Hospital due to a sudden stroke in the early morning of  February 7. On February 8, he was diagnosed with cerebral infarction and confirmed with NCP then transferred on February 9 to Anhui Provincial Infectious Hospital (Provincial designated hospital for severe NCP cases) with a clinical diagnosis of severe NCP, massive cerebral infarction,  acute cerebral hernia , central respiratory failure and hypertension II (high risk). Anhui Provincial Infectious Hospital organised expert team and medical team for severe cases to conduct two consultations. A series of treatments of Endotracheal Intubation, dehydration of cranial pressure,  antivirus and anti-infection were implemented but no improvement was shown. At 20:38, February 10,  the patient passed away after an invalid rescue.